A great way to serve oatmeal at brunch, this baked version is full of cinnamon, maple syrup, and Granny Smith apples.
Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
About This Recipe
|Yield:||serves 4 to 6 people|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Weekend Baking Project: Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Wake and Bake: Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal|
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup Grade B maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ounces apple sauce
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped toasted walnuts
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, cut into 1/4 inch dice
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter bottom and sides of an 8 by 8-inch baking pan.
In a large bowl, combine oats, light brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, maple syrup, milk, butter, vanilla extract, and apple sauce until well combined.
Pour liquids over oats and stir to combine. Stir in chopped walnuts and apples.
Bake until golden brown and oatmeal has set, about 35 minutes. Serve warm.