- Yield:makes about 2 dozen cookies
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:45 minutes
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Boiling water
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Place dried cherries in a small bowl and cover with boiling water. Let stand 10 minutes then drain.
In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
In a large bowl, whisk together butter, honey, and brown sugar until well combined and lightened in color. Whisk in egg. Add almond and vanilla extracts and whisk until combined. Stir in flour mixture.
Stir in quinoa, almonds, and cherries until evenly incorporated. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
Drop dough by the rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies until golden, about 12 minutes.