Amazing how a homemade vinaigrette and fresh herbs can breathe life into canned cannellini beans. Feel free to make this salad ahead of time; it gets better and better the longer it sits.
About the author: Jennifer Segal is the chef behind the popular food blog, Once Upon a Chef.
- Yield:serves 4
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 3 15-ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped shallots or red onions
- 1 large rib celery, finely diced
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, best quality
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix well. Serve cold or room temperature.