This cocktail recipe is adapted from the award-winning original from Michael Jack Pazdon of SolBar in Calistoga, California. We simplified it a bit and subbed in apple brandy for the calvados. It's tasty with or without the frothy egg white.
The King's Waes Hail
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 1 cocktail|
|Active time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
|Special equipment:||Cocktail shaker and strainer|
- 1 ounce apple brandy
- 3/4 ounce The King's Ginger
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Carpano Antica Formula (or substitute 3/4 ounce Dolin rouge)
- Optional: 1/2 ounce egg white
- Garnish: thin lemon wheel
In a cocktail shaker, combine apple brandy, King's Ginger, lemon, and Carpano Antica. If using egg white, add and shake dry, then add ice and shake further. (If not using egg white, add ice and shake.) Strain into a cocktail glass and garnish with lemon wheel.