These oatmeal bars are filled with walnuts, apricots and coconut. They make a healthy, portable breakfast.
Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Bars
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 9 bars|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Wake and Bake: Oatmeal Banana Breakfast Bars|
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup sweetned coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 very ripe medium bananas, mashed (about 3/4 cup)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 8-inch square baking pan.
In a large bowl, stir together oats, coconut, walnuts, apricots, and salt.
In a medium bowl, mix together mashed bananas, sugar, and melted butter until combined.
Add banana mixture to oats and stir until evenly incorporated. Spread mixture into prepared baking dish.
Bake until bars are golden brown, about 25 minutes. Let cool, then cut into squares.