The Kings Ginger helps emphasize the delicately earthy flavor of unsmoked Fidencio mezcal in this refreshing spin on the Paloma from John McCarthy.
Notes: If you can't track down the Fidencio Sin Humo, use a white tequila—the smokiness of other mezcals would likely overpower the other flavors in this drink.
Don't use bottled juices for this drink—squeeze them fresh.
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 1 cocktail|
|Active time:||5 minutes|
|Total time:||5 minutes|
|Special equipment:||cocktail shaker and strainer|
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce fresh ruby red grapefruit juice
- 3/4 ounce The King's Ginger
- 1 ounce Fidencio Sin Humo (no smoke) Mezcal (see note)
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Garnish: Orange twist or orange wheel
Add lime juice, grapefruit juice, King's Ginger, mezcal, and orange bitters to a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake well. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass, garnish with orange twist or orange wheel and serve.