This recipe appears in:Serious Entertaining: NFL Team-Themed Platters (Crackers and Toppings)
Mini Shake Shack inspired cracker burgers are a great game-time snack
Fake Shack Sauce adapted from J. Kenji Lopez-Alt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 slices American cheese, each slice cut into 4 equal squares
- 16 1-inch pieces butter lettuce
- 32 crackers, such as Ritz
- For Sauce:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 1/2 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 2 slices kosher dill pickle
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Pinch cayenne pepper
Form beef into 1-inch patties. Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Add as many patties as can fit without crowding the pan then grill until just cooked through, 1-2 minutes per side.
Top each cracker with one piece butter lettuce. Top with beef patty, then one teaspoon sauce. Top patty with one piece American cheese, then finish with one cracker.
To Make Shack Sauce: Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth, scraping down sides of blender with rubber spatula as necessary.