- Yield:4 servings
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 4 fillets white fish, such as trout or red snapper, about 2 pounds total
- 8 ounces crème fraîche
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon whole-grain mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons drained capers
Preheat an oven to 425°F.
In a small bowl, whisk together the crème fraîche, mustards, shallots, capers, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
Lay the fillets in an ovenproof baking dish or on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Spoon the sauce generously over the fillets, ensuring that the fish is completely covered.
Bake the fish for 10-15 minutes, or until just done and beginning to flake easily. Serve hot or at room temperature with any remaining sauce spooned over the fish.