- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more as needed
- About 8 large kale or chard leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley, thyme, chervil and chives
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 uncooked eggs, whisked
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt or sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups flour
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large (12-inch) skillet, heat the butter over medium heat until the foam subsides. Add the kale and onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until the leaves are tender, 10-12 minutes. Season liberally with salt and pepper.
Add the chopped herbs and hard-boiled eggs to the kale mixture, stir gently to combine, and remove from the heat.
In the meantime, combine the yogurt or sour cream, mayonnaise, and whisked eggs. Add in the flour, baking powder, and a good pinch of salt and whisk until just smooth.
Pour half the batter in the bottom of a 12-inch pie dish or a 9 x 13" dish. Layer in the kale mixture, then cover with the remaining batter. Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is shiny and golden. Cool for 15 minutes and serve warm.