This recipe appears in:Chocoholic: Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Using a high quality chocolate and ripe strawberries will give the best results.
- A microwave can be used to melt the chocolates. Place chocolate in microwave-safe bowl and heat on medium power until melted, checking chocolate every 15 to 30 seconds.
- Placing the chocolate in a deep bowl will make dipping the berries easier.
- These are best eaten the day they are made.
- 1 pound strawberries (about 15 medium sized strawberries)
- 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
Wash and thoroughly dry strawberries. Place in single layer on towel lined plates. Line rimmed sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
In heatproof bowl over pan of barely simmering water, heat bittersweet chocolate until about 2/3 melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir until completely melted.
Holding berries by stem, dip each berry until at least 3/4 coated (leave some red at the top). Wave berry over chocolate to allow excess chocolate to drip off. Gently drag berry over side of bowl to further remove excess chocolate. Place dipped berries on prepared sheet pan. Chill in fridge until chocolate is set, about 20 minutes.
In heatproof bowl, over pan of barely simmering water, gently heat white chocolate until about 2/3 melted, stirring frequently. Remove from heat and stir until completely melted.
Remove berries from fridge. Use a teaspoon (or place chocolate in a zipperlock bag with corner snipped off) to drizzle white chocolate over berries. Chill until set, about 15 minutes. Serve.