- 1 cup hazelnut flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, diced
- 3/4 cup plus one tablespoon cold heavy cream
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts
- sugar, for dusting
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, whisk together hazelnut flour, all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Quickly cut butter into dough until it is the size of small peas. This may also be done in a food processor.
Stir in heavy cream just until incorporated. Mix in chocolate chunks and hazelnuts.
Form dough into 12 balls. Use a rolling pin to quickly flatten them to about 1/2 inch thick. Place on prepared baking sheet. Dust with sugar.
Bake scones until golden, about 15 minutes. Move to a wire rack to cool.