About This Recipe
|Yield:||Makes about 2 cups|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||45 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Sauced: Duck Sauce|
- 1/2 lb plums, pitted and roughly chopped
- 6 oz dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
Place plums, apricots, apple juice, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, ginger, mustard powder, and crushed red pepper in a medium sauce pan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to a simmer and let cook until fruit is completely softened and sauce thickens, about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Puree until smooth with an immersion blender or in a regular blender.
Transfer to a bowl and serve immediately, or place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.