Top crackers with a bright crab salad for an easy appetizer inspired by Baltimore and the Chesapeake Bay.
Chesapeake Crab Crackers
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 14 crackers|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||1 hour 15 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Serious Entertaining: NFL Team-Themed Platters (Crackers and Toppings)|
- 14 crackers, such as Ritz
- 4 ounces jumbo lump crab meat, picked over
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 medium stalk celery, minced
Place crab in a medium bowl and lightly shred with a fork.
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, Worcestershire, lemon juice, paprika, and hot sauce. Pour over crab.
Stir crab and dressing to combine. Mix in celery. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Let crab sit in refrigerator for one hour for flavors to blend.
Top each cracker with one tablespoon crab salad.