Top crackers with avocado, grilled vegetables, and a drop of pesto for an easy appetizer inspired by the Bay Area.
California Cracker Stacks
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 14 crackers|
|Active time:||20 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Serious Entertaining: NFL Team-Themed Platters (Crackers and Toppings)|
- 14 crackers, such as Ritz
- 3 avocados, cut into 14 1/8-inch rounds
- 14 1/8-inch rounds eggplant (from 1 eggplant)
- 14 1/8-inch rounds zucchini (from 1 large zucchini)
- Olive oil
- 3 1/2 teaspoons basil pesto
Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
Lightly brush slices of eggplant and zucchini with olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip slices over and repeat.
Grill eggplant until soft, about 10 minutes. Set aside. Grill zucchini until soft, about 7 minutes.
Place one round of avocado on a cracker. Top with 1 piece of eggplant and 1 piece zucchini. Repeat with remaining crackers.
Top each cracker with 1/4 teaspoon pesto.