This classic chicken salad gets a West coast twist with salmon and goat cheese.
California Cobb Salad
About This Recipe
|Active time:||25 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Serious Entertaining: 'The Bachelor' Watching Party|
- For Salad:
- 24 ounces salmon fillet
- 12 ounces Romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 4 hard boiled eggs, diced
- 4 slices cooked bacon, diced
- 2 avocados, peeled, cored, and sliced
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 3 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- For Dressing:
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 teaspoon Worchestire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Heat a grill pan over medium high heat. Brush salmon with olive oil and season both sides with salt and pepper. Grill salmon until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side depending on thickness. Set aside.
Place lettuce, eggs, bacon, avocados, cherry tomatoes, and goat cheese in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
In a medium bowl, whisk together all ingredients for dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Pour dressing over lettuce mixture and toss to combine.
Cut salmon into 4 pieces. Divide salad between 4 bowls, topping each bowl with a piece of salmon.