Drizzle this nut- and herb-infused honey over cornmeal pound cake, or pair it with hard, nutty cheeses. It will keep for up to a month in the refrigerator.
Adapted from Bon Appetit
- Yield:Makes 1 1/2 cups, or three 4-ounce jars
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:20 minutes
- 1 cup shelled walnuts
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme plus 3 thyme sprigs
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 3 whole dried chilies de árbol
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spread the walnuts on a baking sheet and bake until they are toasted and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Let the walnuts cool, then coarsely chop and set aside.
Whisk honey and olive oil in a medium bowl until well blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Fold in walnuts, chopped thyme, and lemon zest.
Place one sprig of thyme and one dried chili de árbol in each of three 4-ounce jars. Divide the honey mixture evenly between the jars. Seal and store in the refrigerator for up to one month.