You can go ingredient-crazy with these Super-Duper Bars as long as you start out with a graham cracker base and remember to finish up with sweetened condensed milk before adding your last layer of candy.
The Treats Truck's Super-Duper Layer Bars
About This Recipe
|Yield:||9 to 12 bars|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||35 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||A Cookie A Day: The Treats Truck's Super-Duper Bars|
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, or other add-ins, such as toffee chips, dried cherries, or chopped dried apricots (use 2 or 3 cups in all!)
- 1 cup chopped nuts (any kind you please!)
- 1½ cups shredded sweetened coconut
- One 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 by 9-inch pan (double the recipe and use a 9 by 13-inch pan if you want a big batch).
Melt the butter in a saucepan over low heat or the microwave. Mix the melted butter with the graham cracker crumbs and press the crust mixture down to cover the bottom of the pan (or you can melt the butter in the pan itself and press the crumbs into place on top of the melted butter).
Layer each of your chosen ingredients, except one of your choosing, on top of the graham cracker crust. Pour the condensed milk on top of the ingredients (it doesn’t need to be a solid layer), then sprinkle the top with your last ingredient.
Bake for 25 minutes. Let cool before cutting.