- Recipe can be halved and spread into a 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Avoid overheating chocolate mixture or chocolate will scorch.
- Store fudge in refrigerator, in airtight container.
- Any nut can be substituted for the walnuts.
- 24 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 21 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
Lightly spray 9x9-inch baking pan with non-stick spray. Lay a 9x16-inch strip of parchment paper in pan, leaving edges to overhang pan.
In large saucepan, combine bittersweet chocolate, sweetened condensed milk, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa, and salt. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth and homogenous.
Remove from heat and gently whisk in softened butter. Stir in vanilla and chopped nuts. Pour into prepared pan and smooth top with small offset spatula. Chill until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into 1-inch squares and serve.