Serious Eats: Recipes
Chocolate Cherry Cordials
The cherries are soaked overnight in a few tablespoons of liquor. I used Jack Daniels because it's what I had on hand, but any liquor will work—try brandy or even Grand Marnier.
- Using good quality chocolate will give superior results.
- Fondant can be made ahead of time and stored in airtight container at room temperature before remelting.
- A marble slab is very convenient to work and cool the fondant, but a rimmed sheet pan can be substituted.
- If you get tired of working the fondant, you can take a rest for a few minutes and then resume.
- If after melting fondant it's too thick to dip cherries, mix in extra cherry juice, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until desired consistency is achieved.
- Make sure to completely coat cherry with chocolate to prevent syrup from leaking out.
- Chill the cherries a minimum of 48 hours to allow the fondant time to fully dissolve.