- Yield:Makes about 2 cups
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:30 minutes
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened Dutch Processed cocoa powder
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon orange extract
- Kosher or sea salt, to taste
Place butter, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa powder, and chocolate in a medium saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat until chocolate is fully melted, stirring constantly.
Stir in evaporated milk, bring to a boil, and continue to cook until sauce thickens, about 5 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat and add in vanilla, chili powder, and orange extract; stir to combine. Season with salt to taste. Let sauce cool until warm, then serve over ice cream or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, reheating before use.