- 5 ounces spreadable goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 14-ounce jar Peppadews, drained
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 wood plank, soaked in water for at least 1 hour prior to use
- 1 small chunk of light smoking wood, such as apple or cherry
- Type of fire: two-zone indirect
- Grill heat: high
In a small bowl, mix together goat cheese, 1 1/2 tablespoons chives, and parsley.
Transfer mixture to a pipping bag* fitted with a round tip. Pipe herbed goat cheese into Peppadews. Place stuffed Peppadews onto wood plank and drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
Light one chimney full of charcoal. When all the charcoal is lit and covered with gray ash, pour out and arrange the coals on one side of the charcoal grate and place wood chunk directly on top of coals. Set cooking grate in place, cover grill and allow to preheat for 5 minutes. Place planked Peppadews on cool side of grill, cover, and cook until Peppadews start to brown in spots, 15-25 minutes.
Remove form grill, sprinkle with remaining 1/2 tablespoon chives, and serve.