Swapped by SE nut columnist Lee Zalben.
Peanut Butter Coconut Macaroons
About This Recipe
|Yield:||48 one inch cookies|
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||32 minutes|
|Special equipment:||2 cookie sheets, parchment paper|
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 7 ounces sweetened, flaked coconut (about 5 cups or 1 bag)
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (about 1/2 of a 16oz jar) smooth peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co. Old Fashioned Smooth)
- 11 ounces (about 3/4 of a can) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Prepare two cookie sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, combine the coconut, flour, and salt. In a separate bowl, blend the sweetened condensed milk, peanut butter, and vanilla. Combine the wet and dry ingredients until the coconut mixture is fully incorporated with the wet ingredients. You may have to use your hands.
Use a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon measure to form the cookies. Space one inch apart on prepared cookies sheets. These won’t really spread – you should be able to get 24 cookies per sheet.
Bake for 15 - 17 minutes or until the cookies just begin to turn brown. Be careful not to overbake. Serve when cool and store in a covered container for up to 1 week.