With bananas, vanilla, and allspice, this drink from Suzanne Miller of Clock Bar in San Francisco is reminiscent of a holiday smoothie—though homemade toasted pecan infused Rye makes it much more fun.
Note: DuBois Cane Syrup can be purchased online at caskstore.com
- For Toasted Pecan Infused Rittenhouse Rye
- 2 cups toasted pecans
- 750 mL Rittenhouse Rye
- For Cocktail
- 1/3 of a fresh ripe banana
- 1 1/2 ounces Toasted Pecan Infused Rittenhouse Rye
- 3/4 ounce vanilla vodka
- 1/2 ounce DuBois Cane Syrup
- 1/2 barspoon St. Elizabeth Allspice Dram
- 1/4 ounce Nocino Walnut Liqueur
- Crushed ice
To Make Infused Rye: Place toasted pecans and rye in a large glass jar. Let rest for 2 days. Strain before use.
To Make Cocktail: Place banana in a cocktail shaker and muddle. Add rye, vodka, cane syrup, and Allspice Dram. Fill with ice. Shake vigorously and strain into a rocks glass.
Fill rocks glass with crushed ice. Float Nocino on top of drink and serve.