This easy salmon recipe is adapted from Bobby Flay.
- Yield:4 servings
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:50 minutes
- 1/4 cup white miso
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 2 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced green onions
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 4 salmon fillets, 6 to 8 ounces each
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a small bowl, whisk together the first 7 ingredients until smooth. In a small baking dish, cover the salmon fillets with the marinade and turn a few times to coat. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
Remove the fillets from the marinade and season with salt and pepper. Preheat a grill (or broiler). If using a grill, grill the salmon skin-side down until the skin is golden and crisp, about 3-4 minutes, then turn over and grill an additional 3-4 minutes. If using a broiler, broil skin-side down without flipping, until the salmon is cooked through and well-caramelized on the top, 4-5 minutes. Serve with rice.