This addictively salty-sweet granola includes cherries, pistachios, and coconut flakes.
Adapted from the EMP recipe in the New York Times.
Eleven Madison Park's Granola
About This Recipe
|Yield:||makes 6 cups|
|Active time:||10 minutes|
|Total time:||50 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Wake and Bake: Eleven Madison Park's Granola|
- 2 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup shelled pistachios
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips or flakes (not shredded coconut)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup, perferably Grade B
- 3/4 cup dried sour cherries
Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, mix together oats, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, coconut chips, and salt.
In a small sauce pan combine brown sugar, olive oil, and maple syrup. Bring heat to medium and whisk occasionally until sugar has dissolved. Pour over oat mixture.
Spread oats along prepared baking sheet. Bake until lightly golden, about 40 minutes. Remove from oven and mix in dried cherries.