Snickerdoodles are a classic spiced vanilla cookie. These have a slightly cakey interior.
About This Recipe
|Active time:||25 minutes|
|Total time:||40 minutes|
|This recipe appears in:||Cookie Monster: Snickerdoodles|
- 1 2/3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk to combine flour, salt, baking powder, cloves, and nutmeg.
In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add dry ingredients to bowl and beat until just combined.
In a shallow bowl, combine cinnamon and remaining sugar. Roll the dough into 1 1/2 inch balls. Gently roll each ball in sugar mixture to coat.
Place cookies on baking sheet and bake until golden, about 15 minutes.