We love the zesty tang that a healthy dose of lime juice lends to this bourbon-cider punch from Slightly Oliver. Don't skip the bay leaves, they add a wonderful aromatic depth.
Sailor's Punch from Slightly Oliver
About This Recipe
- For the spiced syrup:
- 6 ounces water
- 12 cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- 12 whole allspice berries
- For the punch:
- 50 ounces bourbon (about 2 bottles)
- 12 ounces apple cider
- 6 ounces spiced syrup
- 20 dry bay leaves
- 10 ounces freshly squeezed lime juice
- 8 1/2 ounces simple syrup
- Garnish: apple slices, lemon slices, lime slices
To make the spiced syrup, combine water, cinnamon sticks, cloves, and allspice. Bring to a boil, then let rest until cool. Strain.
Mix bourbon, apple cider, spiced syrup, bay leaves, lime juice, and simple syrup in a large punch bowl. Garnish with slices of apple, lemon, and lime.