Serious Eats: Recipes
No-Bake Chocolate Pumpkin Mousse Pie
- I like to use Nabisco Famous Chocolate Wafers in the cookie crust. You can substitute chocolate graham crackers, just decrease the sugar by half.
- If you don't have a food processor, place the cookies in a zip-lock bag and mash with a rolling pin.
- If the mixture seems too dry, you can add a small amount of melted butter. Using a measuring cup, firmly press the crust mixture into the pie plate.
- It's important to have the cream cheese softened in order to avoid lumps.
- Chilling the cocoa cream before whipping helps to dissolve the sugar and cocoa into the cream. And make sure to whip the cocoa whipped cream to almost stiff peaks. This will help it keep it's shape when you slice the pie.
- When making the chocolate shavings, it helps to have the chocolate at room temperature.
- This pie can be made up to 2 days ahead.