This floral punch combines plenty of soft layered jasmine flavor with a bit of hefty funk from Jamaican rum.
Recipe from Cana Rum Bar in Los Angeles.
Notes: To infuse a whole bottle of rye, use 1/4 cup of jasmine flowers. To make honey syrup, dissolve 3 parts clover honey in 1 part hot water.
Cana Rum Bar's Jitterbug Perfume Punch
About This Recipe
|Special equipment:||immersion blender|
- 1 tablespoon dried jasmine flowers
- 6 ounces Bulleit rye
- 2 ounces Appleton 12 year rum (or 1 ounce Smith and Cross and 1 ounce Coruba rums)
- 1 ounce Amaro Montenegro
- 2 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces honey syrup (see notes)
- 4 strawberries
- 10 ounces crushed ice
- Large block of ice
- Garnish: grapefruit slices and sliced strawberries
In a sealable jar, add jasmine flower to rye and shake. Let soak 1 hour and taste for strength—you can strain immediately or leave it to infuse several hours, depending on the strength of your jasmine. Once infused, double strain rye.
Stir together infused rye, rum, Amaro Montenegro, grapefruit juice, lime juice, and honey syrup. Add strawberries and crushed ice and blend with immersion blender until frothy.
Pour into punch bowl over large block of ice. Garnish with grapefruit and strawberry slices.