Salmon and miso perfectly compliment each other in this salty-sweet glaze.
Grilled Salmon With Miso Glaze
About This Recipe
|This recipe appears in:||Serious Entertaining: Japanese Home Cooking|
- 4 1/2-pound salmon fillets, center cut
- 3 tablespoons mirin
- 3 tablespoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup white or yellow miso
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 2 limes
In a medium bowl, whisk together mirin, rice vinegar, miso and sesame oil until well combined. Add ginger and whisk to combine.
Remove 3 tablespoons of sauce and set aside in a small bowl.
Place salmon in a baking dish or large ziplock bags. Cover with remaining sauce and let marinate for 20 minutes.
Heat a grill to medium high heat. Grill salmon until just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
Place salmon on 4 plates. Drizzle each piece with reserved sauce and squeeze over 1/2 a lime.