- Yield:10 to 12 servings
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- For Ginger Syrup:
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and cut into thirds
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup sugar
- For Punch:
- 8 cups chilled pear juice, such as Looza
- 1 cup ginger syup
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3 1/2 cups seltzer
- large ice block
- candied ginger, for garnish
Make Ginger Syrup: Place ginger, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until reduced to a syrup, about 30 minutes. Let cool.
Make Punch: In a large punch bowl, combine pear juice, ginger syrup, lemon juice, and ground ginger. Whisk until combined.
Add seltzer and stir gently to combine. Add ice block to punch bowl.
If desired, place three pieces of candied ginger on a tooth pick and place in each cocktail glass as garnish.