With dried cranberries, toasted walnuts and a bright-tasting citrus vinaigrette, this carrot slaw is delightfully crunchy and sweet. It's perfect for a light lunch or as a healthy side to sandwiches or burgers.
To toast the walnuts, bake them on a sheet pan in a 350°F oven for about 10 minutes until fragrant.
About the author: Jennifer Segal is the chef behind the popular food blog, Once Upon a Chef.
Serious Salads: Carrot Slaw with Cranberries and Toasted Walnuts
About This Recipe
|Yield:||4 to 6|
|Active time:||30 minutes|
|Total time:||30 minutes|
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoons walnut oil or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, from one lemon
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice, from one orange
- 1-1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Season to taste with salt, pepper and honey. Serve cold.