- Yield:Makes 6 cups
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 2 ¼ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 lemons (rind grated, discard pith, and cut fruit into sections)
- 2 navel oranges (rind grated, discard pith, and cut fruit into sections)
- 1 apple, peeled and chopped coarse
- 6 cups cranberries (about 2 bags picked over)
- ½ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup dried apricots
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
In a large saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, curry powder, ginger, cloves, allspice, cinnamon and 1-1/2 cups of water. Bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
To the mixture, add lemon (rind and sections) and orange (rind and sections) and apple chunks. Simmer the entire mixture for 10 minutes—stirring occasionally.
Add 3 cups of the cranberries, the raisins and apricots. Simmer and stir for 30-40 minutes or until thickened.
Stir in 2 more cups of cranberries. Simmer and stir for 10 minutes.
Add remaining cranberries and the walnuts. Simmer and stir for 15 minutes. Transfer to a bowl, cool and chill overnight (or up to 2 weeks) with a cover.