Instead of using sweet vermouth in this variation of the Martinez, a combination of Manzanilla and Pedro Ximenez sherry maintains a comparable level of sweetness when mixed with maraschino liqueur. A subtle orange flavor brightens this savory fall cocktail from Aldea in NYC.
- ¼ ounce Luxardo Maraschino
- 1 ½ ounces Ransom Old Tom Gin
- 1 ounce Manzanilla Dry Sherry
- ½ ounce Pedro Ximenez Sherry
- 3 dashes Regan's Orange Bitters
- Garnish: lemon twist
Rinse a Rocks glass with Maraschino, and stir remaining ingredients. Strain into glass with large ice cube, and garnish with a lemon twist.