- Yield:serves 4-6 as a side
- Active time: 10 minutes
- Total time:1 hour
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Place rice in a large sauce pot. Add chicken broth and bring liquid to a boil. Continue to boil, uncovered, until rice is tender, about 45 minutes.
Drain rice and place in a bowl. Add almonds, cranberries, and scallions. Stir to combine. Add olive oil and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper to taste.