Bourbon and a high-quality cream sherry make for a savory, spicy fall cocktail from Jessica Gonzalez of Death & Co. in New York.
- Yield:makes 1 cocktail
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 1/2 ounces Old Weller 107 Bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Lustau East India Solera Sherry
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin butter such as American Spoon Fruit or Stonewall Kitchen
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- Cinnamon stick for garnish
Add bourbon, sherry, lemon juice, simple syrup, pumpkin butter, and bitters to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice. Shake well and strain into an ice-filled rocks glass. Garnish with cinnamon stick.