This Rocket Pop-inspired layered cocktail from The Tippler in New York can be stirred up to mingle the flavors.
Bitter End Moroccan Bitters, which feature coriander and cinnamon, can be purchased online. At The Tippler, they use G'Vine Floraison gin, but you can substitute any London Dry gin.
- For Chile-Hibiscus Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup dried hibiscus flowers
- 20 whole dried arbol chiles
- 1.5 tablespoons hot sauce, such as Yucateca Red Habanero
- For Cocktail:
- 3/4 ounce Chile-Hibiscus Syrup
- Crushed ice and ice cubes
- 1 1/2 ounces gin
- 3/4 ounces blue curacao
- 2 dashes Bitter End Moroccan Bitters
- 1 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Straws for serving
To make chile-hibiscus syrup: Bring water, sugar, hibiscus, and chiles to a boil for one minute. Remove from heat and allow to steep for 15 minutes. Stir in hot sauce. Strain through a fine mesh strainer or cheesecloth. Seal and keep refrigerated for up to a week.
To make cocktail: pour chile-hibiscus syrup into the bottom of a tall glass, then fill 2/3 full with crushed ice. Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, add gin, curacao, bitters, and lemon juice. Shake.
Slowly strain gin and curacao mixture over the ice, so that it floats over syrup. Top with additional crushed ice and insert two tall straws directly in the middle of the glass to replicate popsicle sticks.