This spicy wine cocktail from Jim Meehan of PDT calls for Beaujolais Nouveau, but you can substitute any light-bodied red wine. Balance an apple slice on the edge of the glass as a garnish. Plymouth Sloe Gin adds an essential complexity.
About This Recipe
|Active time:||3 minutes|
|Total time:||3 minutes|
- 2 ounces Beaujolais Nouveau or other red wine
- 1.5 ounces Laird's Bonded Apple Brandy
- 1/2 ounce Plymouth Sloe Gin
- 1/4 ounce Deep Mountain Grade B Maple Syrup
- 2 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Garnish: apple slice sprinkled with cinnamon or nutmeg
Fill a mixing glass with ice. Add wine, apple brandy, sloe gin, maple syrup, and bitters. Stir well and strain into a chilled coupe. Garnish and serve.