In this autumnal cocktail from Brian Block of Aldea in NYC, calvados pairs wonderfully with chai-infused sweet vermouth and apple cider foam.
The foam is made with Versawhip, which is available online.
- For the chai-infused vermouth:
- 1 chai tea bag
- 1 750 mL bottle Dolin Rouge Vermouth
- For the whipped apple cider foam:
- 1 ½ tablespoons Versawhip
- 1 pint fresh apple cider
- For the cocktail:
- 2 ounces calvados
- 1 ½ ounces chai-infused vermouth
- Fee Brothers Barrel-aged Old Fashioned Bitters
- Whipped apple cider foam
For the chai-infused vermouth: Add one tea bag of chai tea to vermouth, reseal and infuse for 4 hours. Remove tea bag.
For the whipped apple cider foam: Combine Versawhip and apple cider, and blend with hand blender (near the surface to aerate as much as possible). Place in covered container, and shake vigorously before using.
For the cocktail: fill mixing glass with ice. Add calvados, chai-infused vermouth, and bitters. Stir well until chilled and strain into cocktail glass. Spoon apple cider foam to cover top of cocktail.