- Yield:10 to 12
- Active time: 45 minutes
- Total time:2 hours, 45 minutes
- For the Cake
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- For the Cinnamon Sugar Coating
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- For the Coffee Glaze
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons instant espresso powder
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
For the cake: Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat oven to 350°F. Grease bundt pan with 1 tablespoon butter.
In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg; set aside.
In large bowl, beat remaining 4 tablespoons, oil, sugar, and brown sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
Decrease mixer speed to low and add flour mixture in three batches, alternating with milk. Scrape sides and bottom of bowl with rubber spatula as needed. Increase speed to medium and beat mixture just until combined, 20 to 30 seconds. Add vanilla and beat once more, just to combine, about 10 seconds.
Scrape batter into prepared pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, rotating cake halfway through baking, until cake tester inserted in cake comes out clean. Transfer cake to cooling rack set inside baking sheet and cool in pan 10 minutes.
For the cinnamon sugar coating: Combine sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in small bowl. While the cake is still in the pan, brush the top with some of the melted butter. Once the 10 minutes have elapsed, invert cake onto cooling rack and brush cake all over with melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, using fingers to rub it onto the sides.
Cool cake completely, 1 to 2 hours.
For the coffee glaze: Bring milk to simmer in small saucepan over medium-low heat (or microwave for 20 to 30 seconds in medium bowl). Whisk in espresso powder, confectioners’ sugar, salt, and vanilla. Drizzle over cooled cake and serve.