This potent and tart peach sour from Marshall Altier of Jbird Cocktails brings together earthy rum and apple brandy with fragrant creme de peche and aromatic cardamom.
Denizen rum is a blend of Trinidad and Jamaican rums that offers a lot of funky, complex flavor.
At Jbird, the drink is made with a house-infused peach bitters mixed with orange bitters. To make the peach bitters, macerate green cardamom and fresh ripe peaches in vodka for a few weeks, testing for flavor. Strain and bottle in an airtight container.
- Active time: 5 minutes
- Total time:5 minutes
- 1 1/2 ounces Denizen rum
- 1/2 ounce Laird's Bonded apple brandy
- 3/4 ounces Massenez creme de peche
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 ounce freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 dash peach and orange bitters mix
- 1 lime wheel
- Pinch ground green cardamom
Fill cocktail shaker with ice. Add rum, apple brandy, creme de peche, lime juice, lemon juice, and bitters. Shake well.
Strain into chilled coupe glass. Dust the lime wheel with cardamom and balance it on the edge of the cocktail. Serve immediately.