Fall's just around the corner. How about a last hurrah summer salad? This one features fresh sweet corn, crisp red bell peppers and buttery-textured chickpeas in a honey-lime vinaigrette scented with cumin. It's a crowdpleaser, perfect for a backyard cook-out or picnic. Consider making extra. The leftovers are delicious for lunch (as many leftovers tend to be).
About the author: Jennifer Segal is the chef behind the popular food blog, Once Upon a Chef.
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 ears cooked corn, kernels scraped from the cob
- 1 cup cooked edamame
- 3 scallions, white and green parts, finely sliced
- 1/4 cup lime juice, from 2 limes
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, best quality (recommended: Lucini)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1-1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and toss well. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.