An incredibly easy chocolate ice cream gets its spice from cinnamon and its creamy texture from banana.
Check out other recipes from Serious Entertaining: Chili Night »
Adapted from David Lebovitz.
Chocolate Cinnamon Ice Cream
About This Recipe
|Active time:||15 minutes|
|Total time:||4 hours, 15 minutes|
- 2 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 12 tablespoons milk
- 12 tablespoons Baileys liquor
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana, peeled, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon, plus more for garnish
Combine chocolate and milk in a double boiler over simmering water. Stir frequently until chocolate is melted.
Take mixture off the heat. Stir in baileys, rum, and cinnamon until well combined. Add banana and blend until smooth.
Pour mixture into a plastic or metal bowl. Cover and freeze for at least four hours. Garnish with cinnamon before serving.