Reprinted with permission from Ready for Dessert: My Best Recipes by David Lebovitz, copyright © 2010. Published by Ten Speed Press, a division of Random House.
Tangy Lemon Frozen Yogurt
About This Recipe
|Yield:||Makes 1 quart (1 liter)|
|This recipe appears in:||David Lebovitz's Tangy Lemon Frozen Yogurt|
- 3 cups (720 g) plain whole-milk yogurt, preferably Greek-style
- Grated zest from 1 lemon, preferably organic
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2/3 cup (130 g) sugar
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or mild-flavored honey
- 1/4 teaspoon citric acid, or more to taste
- Pinch of salt
In a blender, process the yogurt, lemon zest and juice, sugar, agave nectar or honey, citric acid, and the salt until smooth.
Pour the mixture in a medium bowl. Taste and add a little more citric acid to adjust the tanginess to your liking. Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
Freeze in an ice cream machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions.