This is a chilled summer soup with a kick.
Check out other recipes from Serious Entertaining: When It's Too Hot To Turn On Your Stove or Oven »
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 1/2 lbs ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 2 pickled jalapeños (not rinsed)
- 1/2 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 1 English cucumber, roughly chopped
- 1 lime
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worchestire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
In the bowl of a food processor, pulse garlic and jalapeños until finely diced. Add tomatoes and pulse until tomatoes are chunky and have released their juice but are not pureed.
Add red onion, cucumber, and bell pepper to food processor. Pulse until mixture has soup-like consistency, retaining some larger pieces for texture. Transfer mixture to a large bowl.
Squeeze lime juice into mixture. Add olive oil, sherry vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, and cumin and stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Cover soup and let chill in refrigerator for one hour or overnight. Garnish with cilantro before serving.