Red bananas give this bread a deep, intense banana flavor.
- Active time: 20 minutes
- Total time:1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 2/3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups mashed red bananas
Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 9 by 5 by 3 inch loaf pan.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, salt, ginger, and baking soda.
In a large bowl, beat sugar and eggs together with an electric mixture until lightened in color and thickened in texture, about 4 minutes.
Beat in vanilla extract and vegetable oil.
Stir in bananas and crushed pineapple.
Stir in flour mixture until just incorporated. Pour dough in prepared pan and bake until top is golden and a cake tester comes out clean, about one hour.