Serious Eats: Recipes
Turrón de Chocolate (Chocolate Biscuit Cake)
- I used two (7-ounce) packages Goya brand Galletas María (María Cookies) which can be found in the Latin American aisle of most supermarkets.
- Break the cookies into approximately 6 pieces—they don't have to be perfect.
- This recipe uses raw egg yolks; dip the eggs in boiling water for 5 to 10 seconds and pat dry prior to cracking and separating the eggs.
- This recipe calls for 6 egg yolks and 3 egg whites: If you decide to make the meringue topping, reserve the whites while separating the eggs and save the rest for another use.
- If you don't want to frost the turrón, serve it with a generous dollop of lightly sweetened whipped cream.