- Yield:1 cocktail with foie washed bourbon to spare
- For the foie washed bourbon:
- 2 ounces rendered fat from foie gras
- 1 750 mL bottle Old Fitzgerald bourbon
- For the cocktail:
- 1 1/2 ounce foie-washed bourbon
- 1 ounce Cynar
- 1 ounce Cocchi Americano
- 3 dashes Fee Brothers Whiskey Barrel Aged bitters
- Garnish: orange twist
For the foie-washed bourbon: Melt the rendered foie fat in a skillet over medium heat. Pour the bourbon into a large non-reactive measuring cup. Add hot foie to the bourbon and stir. Allow to cool and steep for 6-8 hours.
Place the bourbon in the freezer for 8 hours. Strain the fat off the bourbon by pouring it through a fine mesh sieve into a clean bowl. Line the sieve with a coffee filter and strain a second time.
For the cocktail: Fill a mixing glass with ice. Add foie-washed bourbon, Cynar, Cocchi Americano, and bitters. Stir. Strain into an un-iced rocks glass. Rub rim of glass with orange twist, then add twist to drink.