This recipe appears in:Bake the Book: Honey-Lime Peaches with Crème Fraîche Clouds
Nectarines, plums, berries, cherries or even sliced mango can be sweetened in this honey-lime syrup and dotted with fluffy crème fraîche clouds for this gorgeously simple summer dessert.
- 2/3 cup light-colored honey, such as orange blossom honey
- Grated zest of 1 orange
- Grated zest of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- 6 Kadota or other green figs, quartered
- Additional lime zest, or slivered mint leaves, for garnish
Combine the honey, orange zest, lime zest, lime juice, cinnamon stick, and 2 tablespoons water in a medium saucepot; bring to a boil and simmer until syrupy, about 5 minutes. Let cool. Strain over the sliced peaches in a bowl. Add the vanilla bean, cover, and marinate for several hours in the refrigerator.
Just before serving, whip the cream to soft peaks, and then fold into the crème fraîche, dusting with confectioners’ sugar to taste.
Arrange the marinated peach slices and figs in shallow bowls and add enough syrup to barely cover. Top each serving with a cloud of whipped crème fraîche. Garnish with more lime zest or mint leaves.