Green beans in a mustard caper vinaigrette.
Check out other recipes from Serious Entertaining: Bastille Day »
- Yield:serves 6
- Active time: 15 minutes
- Total time:15 minutes
- 1 pound green beans (perferably the long, thin French variety) trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced shallots
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Put green beans and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a large saute pan. Just barely cover beans with cold water. Turn heat to medium and cook beans until crisp tender, about 3 minutes. Drain beans.
In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and shallots. Whisk in olive oil until emulsified. Stir in capers and parsley.
Place green beans in a serving bowl. Toss gently with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper to taste.